We’re looking to add a piercer to our team!
We have a great opportunity for the right piercer or piercers! This will be a full time position, but we are accepting applications for guest piercers while we’re looking for a permanent person.
We’re looking for someone that:
- has at least 4-5 years of professional piercing experience. We want someone who’s confident and excited to work with our long term clientele.
- is comfortable piercing in a fully disposable studio. That also means there’s no tools for you to process and package! We do have disposable tools available, including needle blanks, transfer pins, and the occasional hemostat. Christina is happy to help you refine your techniques, but you need to have the basics in place and want to learn!
- has lots experience with threadless jewelry, especially with nostril piercings. No nostril screws here!
- has thorough knowledge of proper aseptic technique. We’re geeks about this stuff and our clients have come to expect us to be super knowledgeable about it. (Again, this is a skillset we can help you polish, but you must have a desire to learn.)
- has experience selling and installing high end jewelry, especially with precious metals and genuine stones. Our clients love gold, and we have hundreds of options in stock!
- is excited to constantly learn more, both in breadth and depth. Brian Skellie’s legacy of wanting to understand the science behind piercing lives on at Piercing Experience. We’re always reading about crazy new implant materials, sterilization technology, etc and we want you to geek out with us.
- is comfortable working with pretty much every facet of society. Nobody believes it until they’ve spent a couple of days here, but our clients really do come from everywhere. We need to know you can deliver the utmost customer service to anybody that walks through the door.
- is comfortable working 1-2 counter shifts a week. This will include answering phone calls and emails in a professional manner, entering sales into our POS, accepting payments from customers, checking customer paperwork, and other administrative duties.
- is comfortable accepting constructive criticism. We want to make you a more proficient piercer, which means we’ll suggest ways to be faster/smoother/gentler/more accurate/etc.
In addition to piercing, you’ll also help with jewelry sales and installation, social media, and jewelry orders/inventory.
You’ll be working with our counter guy, Arthur, who works 5 days a week. Arthur is a great asset and knows more about piercing than most piercers. You’ll also be expected to pick-up 1 counter shift a week.
Piercing Experience is one of the oldest continually run piercing only studios in the world. This is where Brian perfected freehand, tool free procedures. Atlanta is a great metropolitan city, and is located close to the north Georgia mountains for nature lovers. You’ll never run out of things to do here. Cost of living is reasonable and pay is competitive.
We offer competitive pay and benefits including:
- Employee/W2 status
- Hourly pay plus commission
- Health insurance (after 3 months of employment)
- APP membership
- Yearly APP conference or CampAPP Pass
- business cards and a work email address
If you’re interested, please email your resume and a link to your portfolio to email@example.com. Links to procedural videos are great, too!