COVID Restrictions and Vaccinations
Good news! We’ll be able to relax some of our COVID restrictions once our staff is fully vaccinated. The CDC and the APP have advised that it is safe for 2 people who are both fully vaccinated to be in close contact without masks.
Beginning Thursday, 4/15, we will begin offering nostril, septum, basic tongue, and lip piercings to adults who are fully vaccinated. Fully vaccinated means you’ve received both doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or 1 dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, and have had at least 2 weeks to fully develop antibodies. We will require proof of vaccination to book these appointments.
At this time, we will not be offering these services for those under 18. As the vaccines have not been approved for anyone under 16 and these services require an additional person to be present during the service, we will be waiting until a later stage to begin offering these services again.
If you must wear a mask regularly, you may still have difficulties healing these piercings, as your mask may press and/or snag on your new piercing.
These new policies will begin Thursday, 4/15:
- Nostril, septum, lip, and basic tongue piercings will be available to fully vaccinated adults. We will also be able to offer jewelry changes and checkups for fully vaccinated individuals. You will need to upload proof of vaccination to book an appointment.
- Masks are still required in the studio and must remain on the entire time. They will only be removed during the above piercings.
- Appointments are required for all services as well as to enter the studio to browse for jewelry.
- We will permit 1 guest per piercee. Guests must have a valid ID showing they are over 18. Additional guests will be asked to wait outside. Guests are only permitted in the piercing room at the piercer’s discretion. We do not permit guests in the piercing room who will be getting pierced the same day.
- For child/teen piercings, the parent or guardian counts as the one guest.
- You will be asked to use hand sanitizer when entering the studio, as well as any time you touch your face/mask or any merchandise in the studio.
- Your temperature will be checked with a non-contact thermometer when entering the studio. If your temperature registers above 100.4ºF, you will be asked to leave and your appointment will be cancelled.
- Please stay home if you are sick. If you have obvious signs of illness, such as a cough or runny nose, we can’t pierce you and you could endanger our staff. You will not be permitted to enter the studio.
- We will begin accepting cash payments. Payments will also be accepted via credit or debit cards with working chips or via Apple Pay or Google Pay.
- We now can reprocess previously worn jewelry. Please book an appointment.
- Tandem piercings are not currently available.
- Food and drinks are not currently permitted in the studio.
These policies will remain in effect until the risk of COVID has significantly reduced. We have no idea when that will be.
As vaccination rates increase and infection rates decrease, restrictions will continue to relax. Get vaccinated and continue to be careful out there!